The Retford and District Lifesaving Club Championships are an annual event held at Retford Leisure Centre, designed for the whole club to enter. Featuring a mix of lifesaving, lifesaving sport and fun events, the championships are suitable for all abilities, and an excellent introduction into competitions!
In order to compete, just turn up for the normal session on Saturday morning. You will be registered and everything will be fully explained for those who may be nervous! It’s a great club event – bring along friends and family to support and cheer!
The Club Championships for 2018 will be held on Saturday 14th March. Session 1 starts at 9am and Session 2 starts at 4pm.
Please note that the times below are approximate, and subject to change at the discretion of the Organiser and Referee
Morning Session – Lane lines and starting blocks to be used (diving is optional)
Registration 08:45 – 09.00, Warm up 08:45 – 09:00
Officials Briefing 09:00, Competition Start: 09:15
- Event 1 Rookies 50m Obstacle Swim
- Event 2 Intermediates 50m Obstacle Swim
- Event 3 Seniors 100m Obstacle Swim
- Event 4 Rookie 8.0m Rope Throw
- Event 5 Intermediate 10.0m Rope Throw
- Event 6 Seniors 12.5m Rope Throw
Evening Session – No lane lines or blocks needed
Registration 16:15 – 16:30, Official’s Briefing 16:00
Pool Setup/Warm up 16:30-16:45, Competition Start 17:00
- Event 7 Rookie 25×25 Swim & Bottle Tow (1/2 filled)
- Event 8 Intermediate 50×50 Swim & Tow
- Event 9 Seniors 50×50 Swim & Tow
- Event 10 Rookies 25×25 Manikin Carry with Fins (Empty)
- Event 11 Intermediates 25×25 Manikin Carry with Fins (half full)
- Event 12 Seniors 50×50 Manikin Carry with Fins (full)
- Isolation for Rookie and Intermediates approx. 1800 studio area.
- Event 13 SERC Rookies (Water Incident)
- Event 14 SERC Rookies (Life Support Incident)
- Event 15 SERC Intermediates (Water Incident)
- Event 16 SERC Intermediates (Life Support Incident)
- Isolation for Seniors studio area approx. 1845 studio area
- Event 17 SERC Seniors (Water Incident)
- Event 18 SERC Seniors (Life Support Incident)
- Event 19 Rookies 25X 25 Manikin tow with fins (empty)
- Event 20 Intermediates 25 X 25 Manikin tow with fins(half)
- Event 21 Seniors 50 x 50 Manikin tow with fins (half)
Presentation, Raffle & Buffet from 21:00
The Club Captains for the next 12 months will also be announced.
For any questions or queries, please ask a coach or instructor on poolside.